Monday 21 March 2011

STIRLING MOSS: “I FIND MOTOR RACING INTERESTING, BUT NOT VERY EXCITING”


Sir Stirling Moss made an interesting comment when discussing the new rules for 2011, saying that he found motor racing interesting, but not very exciting. 
Described by some as ‘the greatest driver never to win the championship,’ Moss said that he thinks the technical changes for 2011 will put emphasis back on the skill of the driver.
2011 will see the re-introduction of the KERS system seen in 2009 and an adjustable rear wing which can be changed by the driver to reduce drag or increase downforce. 
They bring the driver back into it," he told the Press Association. "The driver now has to decide when to use the KERS, the wing and everything else. I must say I'm looking forward to the best season for many years because I find motor racing interesting, but not very exciting.
"That was the case last year, it was interesting but not exciting, however this year I think we are going to see excitement as well. There are so many new things that have come in where a driver's input is going to mean a lot more than it did last year.
"We also don't know how the Pirelli tyres are going to perform this season, and they are going to be quite important. So I'm just looking forward to something that I think is going to be exceptionally exciting."

No comments:

Post a Comment