Tuesday 15 February 2011

VETTEL: “IT’S MY DREAM TO RACE FOR MARANELLO ONE DAY.”

In a recent interview conducted by Gazzetta dello Sport, Sebastien Vettel said that it is his ‘dream’ to race for Ferrari in the future. Even though he is happy at Red Bull Racing, he insisted that has always wanted to drive for the Maranello outfit someday.
"Let's put it this way: I love to race, I know motor racing history and I know Ferrari is a legend," he told the newspaper.
"Yes, it's my dream to race for Maranello one day. However I'm still young, there is time. At the moment I'm happy to be in Red Bull, without them I would have never arrived in F1.
"To have your name written among the names of the world champions is special, but having it in the list of the Ferrari drivers would be special too.
“I would like to be on the podium at Monza with Ferrari.”
Vettel joked around saying that if he could not race for Red Bull this year, then he would offer Fernando Alonso or Massa a vacation to go away, saying, “I would get busy booking them a nice hotel. Even though I'm not sure they'd shake my hand."
Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz reckons that Vettel will stay with the team as long as he has a competitive car, however if they cannot offer that to the world champion, he will move elsewhere.
“As long as we can offer him a car capable to win he won't leave for Ferrari or anywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment